Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Tulip Birthday Card

Hello peeps! It's a gorgeous day outside here in western Pennsylvania. Just got done teaching my son to drive and I have to say although I'm excited for him and he's doing very well I can't help the need to make my seat belt a little bit tighter.

Today I want to share a card I've been working on over the past week. Each tulip has 6 petals and was hand inked. It was honestly more work than I thought it would be, but definitely worth it. I like the results of the two colors of paper used together and they're very sturdy flowers. I cut an 11 inch strip of paper and then folded them in half to make the stems. I also placed an extra inner layer of paper inside the box, basically a box in a box, so it's very solid. I free-hand cut the leaves for the tulips since in nature they would be turned different directions and would not all be the exact same shape when viewed from one direction. I wanted to place the sentiment in the bouquet, but because the flowers have stems they stick up quite high so I found that there was no where to place it without covering up flowers. My solution was to place the sentiment on the front flap which worked out quite well. This was another fun card to make and I can see myself doing quite a few more in the near future. 






#birthdaycard #cardinabox

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment