Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Spring Card with Vase of Flowers

Good afternoon everyone!

Today I'm sharing a card with silk flowers in a vase. I recently decided to put the embossing folders back into use and I'm glad I did because the embossed butterflies really look cute with the punched butterfly.




 I left space open for a greeting between the flower and butterfly above, but I think this card looks nice without a sentiment too. I used two shades of turquoise crafting card-stock, then inked the embossed paper with Tim Holtz Distress ink in the color Peakcock Feathers to make some of the details stand out.


 I used three butterflies to make this by gluing a lighter turquoise butterfly to each wing of the darker one.

To create a vase I pulled a small piece of paper into a cone shape and then cut off the bottom. I also applied the same distress ink as mentioned above to give it more depth and then to make it sturdy I applied glossy accents.

 The embossing folder is a large strip made by Darice.


Happy Crafting!



Copyright © 2014 Angela Conklin - Heartedly Handcrafted
All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment