Friday, April 11, 2014

Moss Vine-Wreath with Bird's Nest and Initial

Hello Everyone!

Although it rained we are still having excellent weather here in western PA. I was very happy the rain clouds moved on just in time for me to take some pictures. I wanted a wreath that was very natural, but with a bit of whimsy. Hence the green flowers with butterfly-like petals. Too bad I didn't have a green fairy, but maybe later. I would also like to add some mushrooms. Heck that can be another whole different project for another day. I think I'm loving this as it looks really cute on our red door and white house with green shutters.




I seem to be short on birds so I stole the bird off another project. I will just replace it later. I love the nest because it had two twigs out both sides that I could place into the vines. Therefore I didn't have to stick it at the very bottom and hot glue myself to it.


The only thing I wasn't sure about was the initial, but when all was said and done it goes well and makes the entire project that much more cute.

To keep with the natural theme I used burlap for the bow. In the center I tied rope and then covered that with floral tape.
BEWARE that cutting this particular Moss Roll will leave little pieces of metal in your clothes. It hurts and cannot be easily removed. I found this out the hard way
I mixed fake and real moss to give more shades of green. I decoupaged the Initial.


I assembled the entire wreath and then hot glued everything together. The initial is not connected to my wreath but hangs separately behind it.


Happy Crafting!




Copyright © 2014 Angela Conklin - Heartedly Handcrafted
All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment