Saturday, November 8, 2014

Handmade Joy Christmas Card in Traditional Colors

Hello Everyone!
 
Did you ever have one of those days when things that you normally ignore, suddenly strike you as funny? I was taking photos of cards I made and my camera kept telling me it detected a blink. This has happened other times too, but for whatever reason it cracked me up and I could barely hold my camera still. I could have used my tripod, but I had to be at uncomfortable angles to catch the little bit of light from outside. It's a gloomy overcast day today. I couldn't even hold my breath to stay still. It would just make me laugh. Thank goodness I'm alone because my family would have thought I was going crazy. Maybe I am? Maybe they do? LOL!

Anyway, I'm sharing a simple Christmas card today. There's some glitter on this one and I like that only the center is decorated with all the snowflakes in the background. I decided to make just the front of the card so that later I can decide if  I want it to be a normal side-fold card or something different. Without a card base holding it up, I had to lean it against the background.
 I cut two white panels for my card and embossed one with the Darice Snowflakes folder and the other I used the Cuttlebug Polka Dot Page folder. Then I cut a strip (about 2 inches) of Christmas paper from the DCWV Holiday Cheer stack and used the Martha Stewart Double Arches, border punch on both sides.

I then embellished the middle of the strip with wide shiny ribbon and a smaller Christmas ribbon. To make the sentiment stand out I backed JOY with a white die cut from the Spellbinders Card Creator, Reflective Moment set. Then I just added a bow and a polar bear.

A very simple card to make.


Happy Crafting! 
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment