Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Handmade Greeting Cards - It's All About the Layers!

Hello crafty peeps! 
 
I'm so excited that I got my first challenge posted over at Sketches4All and relieved that I'm getting into the swing of things. Wow, can it be tough learning to navigate a new site, but the S4All Team is awesome and has been helping me every step of the way! Great place to share your creations!

Below are the cards I made for my challenge which is to add a lot of layers to your project.

You can find the Current S4All Challenge List here and there's a wonderful gallery to see everyone's projects.


My first card was done with my fancy die cutting frames and labels of which I love so much (materials list below).
I made the white part of the flower by taking two labels and gluing them together to make a plus sign and then I added two more of the same to fill the spaces in. I'm sure people have been doing this for quite a while and wonder why it took me so long to think of it.
 
I made my second card by using a border punch and a couple of basic cutting dies. I saw a similar card on Pinterest that inspired me and I wanted to make mine exactly like hers, because the card was so pretty, but I made it my own with some changes instead.

After matting the base card in two colors I took those same colors and cut 3 strips of each and then wrapped each one over the top and bottom of the card vertically. The size of this card is 6x6 inches, the green strips are 3/4 of an inch and the cream strips to mat the green are 1 inch wide. The punched border was added on afterward. I just lined it up with the strips.

Hope to see you and your crafty creations!

Materials:
Purple patterned paper - DCWV, Violet Leaf Stack
Green patterned paper - K&Company Susan Winget Papers
Craft Cardstock -  Core'dinations in a cream, white and light brown 
Border Punch - Ek Sucess Pointed Flower
Cutting Dies -
Spellbinders Card Creator Valiant Honor 
Spellbinders Card Creator Reflective Moment  
Spellbinders Nestabilites Lacy Circles (largest one)  
Spellbinders D-Lites Whimsical Tree 
Tim Holtz Alterations Tattered Flowers

Happy Crafting!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment