Friday, November 7, 2014

Greeting Card - Happy Fall

Hello everyone!
 
Today I'm sharing a Fall themed card, although there is actually snow falling here in western Pennsylvania and it feels more like Winter. I made the card for the November DT Challenge at Sketches4ALL and liked the sketch so much that I made my card almost exactly like it. I tend to use a lot of layers, embellishments and die cut shapes so it was a nice change to just use rectangles, make my own patterned paper and use a digi from
Free Dearie Dolls Digi Stamps
.
 
 
                The Sketch
To make the brown patterned paper I used cream colored Core'dinations cardstock. I had a few clear, leaf stamps that I used to stamp leaves in different directions using Rubber Stampede Ink in orange, yellow and scarlet. Then I took Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Vintage Photo and rubbed the ink into the paper. I applied the ink generously starting from the edge and worked inward using a circular motion. Afterward I used StazOn Ink in Timber Brown and a script stamp to add words. I repeated the process to make the mat for the digital stamp, but to make it stand out a bit more I brought my leaves closer together.


To make the swirly yellow matting I used deep yellow Core'dinations cardstock in a Darice embossing folder and then lightly added Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Timber brown to make the pattern stand out. All that was left was to add some of the same ink around the edges and embellish my card. It was a fun and easy card to make and I really enjoyed making my own patterned paper.

Time to make some hot chocolate and keep warm :)

 Happy Crafting!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment