Friday, November 28, 2014

Handmade Greeting Card - Season's Greetings in Red and White Snowflakes

Hope everyone is doing well.
 
If you've stopped by for the Sketches4All 5th Anniversary Party, click here and it will take you right to it :)

Western Pennsylvania got snow again last night and in about an hour it went from ugly and gray outside to white and bright. I love it! Snow makes everything look beautiful.
 
 I'm still working on my Christmas cards and in about a week and a half they will be in the mail. I'm calling this period of time the Christmas Card Crunch.
 
Today I'm sharing my latest card. I've made many cards with snowflakes on them, but they're usually blue and white. So I'm changing it up a bit. I can have red snowflakes, right? :) I was inspired to make a red and white card as I was removing candy canes from their box. Now if I could just make my card smell like candy canes, that would be something. If you're interested in making this card you'll find the instructions and supplies list below. 
 
 
 
 To make this card
 
Measurements
First things first. Print out your sentiment so that you can center it when cutting your label.
 
White cardstock
  • 10" x 6 1/2" - Base card (score it in the middle at 5" for the fold)
    4 1/2" x 6" - Mat
  • 2" x 4 3/4 - Embossed strip
  • (2) 4 3/4" - Border punched strips that you'll tape along the back edges of your wide red strip.
  • Die-cut label - Used Spellbinders Card Creator Reflective Moments die

Red cardstock
  • 4 3/4" x 6 1/4" - Large mat
  • 4 1/4" x 5 3/4" - Embossed small mat
  • 2 1/8" x 4 3/4 - Strip
  • Die-cut label - Used Spellbinders Card Creator Valiant Honor die
Order of placing the main card section together from bottom to top
1. White base card
2. Large red mat
3. White mat
4. Embossed small red mat
  
To make the embossed strip down the middle
1. Adhere white border punched strips to the back edges (sides) or your red strip.
2. Center and adhere embossed white strip onto the red strip
3. Adhere it to your base card, lining up the top and bottom with the edge of the red outer mat.
To make the sentiment
NOTE: If you have been thinking about making your own sentiments, you can make them for free at Picmonkey.com. As much as I like other people's digital greetings, sometimes it's nice to be able to make my own when I can't find one that says what I want, want different color options or want one custom made to go with a card or specific label.
1. Use ink on the outer edges of your small label to make it stand out.
2. Center and adhere your small label to the top of your large label.
3. Add some flat backed pearls to the border strips of your card.
4. Use thick dimensional glue dots or thick tape to make the label stand away from the card.

You're Finished!
Supplies
  
Happy Crafting!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment