Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Fancy Christmas Joy Easel Card

Hello everyone!

Yesterday it rained all day here in western Pennsylvania so I got a lot of crafting done, but no photos. Don't you hate it when you want to take photos and it's so dreary you barely get any natural light through your windows. I love the rain, but not the overcast sky.

I just got new cutting dies in the mail yesterday so today I'm sharing a Christmas card that I made with them. I love the dies and can't wait to show you my card, so let's get right to it :)

I made my sentiment in Picmonkey, opened it in Paint, copied it into a document where I could resize it for the label I was going to use and it was worth the time. It turned out great!
 
My card is an easel card, surprise surprise, right? I wasn't sure how to make an easel card with intricate edged die cuts and couldn't find any tutorials on it that showed an easy way of doing it. So after some messing around I figured it out and I only had to use one piece of paper. No extra measuring, folding, joining, nothing. Yeah!

When folded for mailing the designed edge of the card and easel line up perfectly.

I will be making a tutorial, How to Make an Easel for the Spellbinders Card Creator - Reflective Moment Die Cut) and sharing it soon.

 
To make the inside fancy rectangle I used a die that comes in the Spellbinders Card Creator die set called Valiant Honor. I also used this set to make my sentiment die cut.
 
To make the snowflake I used the Sizzix #3 Snowflake die and white cardstock. Then I used a mix of Hampton Art embossing powders in dark blue, light blue, dark teal, and cream sparkle to color it.

I added a note-card to the easel base that can be used for a personal message, gift card or whatever you like.
 
I had to run back and take a quick photo because, of course, I didn't remember to do that the first time. Oh well. Don't you just love the background color? It looks like baby, ummm, food. Ya, baby food.

The lacy cut out edge of my card is not very strong so to make it stand more solidly I added a support piece to the bottom center. Then all that was left was to embellish it.

I used a lot of pearls and some white sparkly edged ribbon for the bow.
The printed paper for this project is from the DCWV Winter Solstice Stack. 

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment