Friday, October 24, 2014

Christmas Holiday Card: Poinsettia Christmas Cheer


Hello everyone!

Today I'm sharing a Christmas card. With all this Christmas crafting I'm getting excited about decorating. When I asked my family if I could put the tree up this week they laughed at me and looked at me like I'm crazy. I was just kidding, kind of.

I'm enjoying working with the rich, vibrant, traditional Christmas colors and wow do they pop on camera! My card is just a simple 6x6 inch card, but the fun thing was making my first Poinsettia out of red ribbon and I think it turned out pretty good.

Due to the small size of my flower I found it difficult to get my fingers in there to tie off each set of petals, but I got it done and I'm glad I tried it. To make the center of my flower I put a dab of hot glue in the middle and then dipped my flower into some tiny beads. There is a tutorial included below.

I really like DCWV Holiday Cheer Stack paper.

To embellish my card I used flat-backed gems and pearls and to soften the look I incorporated lace and ribbon.
 
Poinsettia Tutorial
How to Make a Christmas Poinsettia Ribbon Flower

I cut my flower petal shape a little bit different than she shows in the video and I started out using wire as she does, but decided to finish up my petals with thread instead.
 
I found the free digital sentiment at 
Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog

The sentiment is black, but I added some red to it.
To cut the sentiment I used Spellbinders Nestabilites Labels 17.
I just got this particular die set and I love the shape.

Well, back to making cards. Time flies when you're having fun :)

Happy Crafting!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment