Sunday, October 13, 2013

Window Turned into Built-in Shelf


Hello peeps!
Did you ever have one of those moments when you realized you didn't think ahead enough? My husband's and my big idea was to make another room in our home by enclosing part of the front porch. The room build went great, but then after feeling elated that we had another room I plopped down on the sofa to see a window to no-where. We sure as heck didn't want to have to re-do the wall. What to do?    

   Money was tight after buying wood flooring, a new front door, drywall, a huge window and so forth so we really didn't have the money, energy or patience left to deal with this. Then it hit me. The window trim was still in really good shape and matched the other windows in the room. Uh huh! There wasn't enough floor space for a shelf for family photos and I didn't want to stick more stuff up on the walls. So here it is. Our built-in shelves specifically design for holding photos. I couldn't have asked for a better result. I still have some painting to do and the curtain hardware to remove (should have removed that and staged the area for a photo), but it's mostly done and usable.

Now for the rest of the house. Hmmm.

I used two packs of the wood plank tongue and groove paneling from Home Depot. The entire project only cost $35.00.  

Copyright © 2013 Angela Conklin - Heartedly Handcrafted
All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment