Monday, December 8, 2014

Handmade Card: A Joyful Blue and Silver Christmas

Hello everyone!
 
I'm working with one of my favorite papers today from the DCWV Winter Solstice Stack. I was constantly skipping over this particular sheet of paper because I love it so much that I didn't want to use it. I just like looking at it. That probably sounds ridiculous, but since I usually add a lot of layers to my cards or at least a lot of die-cuts and embellishments, I didn't want to cover this paper up.

Well today I bit the bullet and you will probably notice that I left this card quite plain compared to my norm.
The scene is just too cute and the on rest of the 12'x12" sheet that this came from is a snowman with a sled. He's being used to make another card as I try to produce them quickly.
 
Instructions to make this card:
1. Cut your paper
Two pieces of white cardstock
  • 6 1/2"w x 11"h (Fold at 5 1/2")
  • 5 1/2"w x 4 3/4"h
Two pieces of dark blue cardstock
  • 6 1/4"w x 5 1/4" h
  • 5 1/4"w x 4 1/2"h
Two pieces of decorative cardstock
  • 6"w x 5"h
  • 5"w x 4 1/4"h (Cut out the area that you want as your scene)
2. Tape and stack your cardstock (biggest to smallest piece) centering each on the one below it.
  1. 6 1/2"w x 11"h (Fold at 5 1/2")
  2. 6 1/4"w x 5 1/4" h
  3. 6"w x 5"h
  4. 5 1/2"w x 4 3/4"h
  5. 5 1/4"w x 4 1/2"h 
  6. 5"w x 4 1/4"h 
3. Add your embellishments 
  • Bow - I used hot glue to attach my bow)
  • Rhinestone Mesh - One strip of rhinestone mesh at the bottom of the card (I used Glossy Accents to glue this into place)
  • Cut a small piece of the rhinestone mesh to hang your sentiment from. I hot glued mine in place just at the very bottom of the center of the bow.
  • Sentiment - I made my sentiment by using a pre-made cardboard sentiment from an old gift tag I got on clearance, but you can use a die, make a small label, or stamp your sentiment on. The sky's the limit. To color my sentiment I used light blue embossing powder that has a little sparkle in it.


Supplies


 Happy crafting and thanks for stopping by!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment