Wednesday, December 17, 2014

3D Bird Cage Ornament Using the Sizzix Caged Bird Die

Hello everyone!

I can't believe it's almost Christmas already. I see people doing their 12 day count down and the days just seem to be going by so fast. About a month ago I tried a new technique with a cutting die and thought how cute it would be to do a lot of them for the Christmas tree, but with the holiday fast approaching it will have to wait till next year. Here's the cute little bird cage I made using the Sizzix Caged Bird die.

I didn't decorate it like I wanted since I still need to get the materials, but I used what I have at the moment so I can show you how cute it is. I'd like to make some rustic ones and some with lace, pearls and flowers. 


I learned the technique from the tutorial below by Brownbabycraftaholic. She shows exactly what she did to put them together

and there's another tutorial by her for ideas on how to decorate them. She did an amazing job. They're gorgeous.

If you make your own I would love to see them. Just place you link in the comments and I'll check them out. I'm sure she would love if you stopped by her YouTube channel to say hello. She's got more adorable projects to share. 

Thank you +brownbabycraftaholic for the videos. Wonderful project!

Supplies I used for my Bird cage
  1. Colorbok brown chipboard
  2. Sizzix Bigz Die - Caged Bird
  3. White acrylic paint
  4. Martha Stewart Bone folder
  5. Glossy Accents to glue cage together and add Fabric Art glitter to branch
  6. Crystal Diamond white Glitter for outside of cage
  7. Sizzix Bigs Die - Bird Branch die
  8. Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Vintage Photo to color branch
  9. Offray translucent white ribbon
  10. Jewelry wire to hold top of bird cage closed and make hook for hanging
Supplies used to make the bird
  1. Colorbok brown chipboard
  2. Sizzix Bigz Die - Caged Bird
  3. Hampton Art Embossing Powder - Metallics (Deep Red) for the bird
  4. White acrylic paint for the bird beak and spots
  5. Impression Obsession Pine Branch die
  6. Rubber Stampede ink - Green for the first pine branch
  7. Hampton Art Embossing Powder White with Glitter for the second (front) pine branch
Happy crafting and thanks for stopping by :)
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment