Monday, February 3, 2014

Spring Center Fold Card with Quilled Dragonfly and Burlap Mat

It's all about the quilling.

Hello everyone! I want to share my funky little Spring card. A couple of weeks ago I bought a quilling tool and some quilling paper strips. I've seen some beautiful cards and jewelry online made from it and had to try it out.  The first time I tried I only made loose circles and for the second try I made some flower petals that came out all different sizes. This time the sizes were a little better so I decided to try making a dragonfly. I need quite a bit more practice getting the sizes and shapes right and it takes me about 3 minutes just to make one shape. To say the very least, I'm quite slow at it, but I like the look of it so I'm not giving up.

The quilled shapes are a little tricky to glue down since there is movement to them. So if you have any advice on how to best go about this I would greatly appreciate it. I haven't decided whether to add a sentiment to the front of my card or not, but for now it's done. 






Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment