Friday, January 24, 2014

Masculine Greeting Card with Winter Woods Tree Stamp

Hello! 
Today I made my first masculine card for my brother's birthday. I enjoyed creating something I hadn't attempted. It amazed me that it seemed more difficult to decide what I was going to do compared to a card I would give a female and it was a nice change.


I love the Winter Woods Tree stamp. 

For the picture I used the tree stamp twice. The first time I stamped onto a scrap piece of paper and then onto my card so the trees would have a light appearance. The second time I stamped directly onto the card which makes the lighter trees look like they are in the background. I also used a clear stamp for the sentiment using Tim Holtz Distress ink in "Peacock Feathers" which matches the inside and edges of the card.

For the base of the card I used a brown, textured, double-sided car-stock that is turquoise on the back side. To make the turquoise show I lightly distressed the edges of the base card with a nail file.


The next layer is tan card-stock which I edged with Tim Holtz Distress ink in Vintage Photo. I also used a makeup sponge to ink flat down on the edges of the pager to create variations in the brown ink which gave it a marbleized effect. Below is an example of when I used this effect on another project with black ink.

I placed grommets in the corners to run the jute through.

In the middle I placed a wooden button that I stained with Vintage Photo ink. I ran the jute through the button holes and tied it in a knot in the front.


Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment