Monday, January 20, 2014

Flower Trellis Card

There is still snow outside, but it's Spring in my craft room! After cutting out an extreme amount of gold, silver and shades of red and green over the holidays it's so refreshing to say hello to pinks, purples and the rest of the color palette. Of course you aren't stuck with any particular colors during the holidays, but those were the colors I chose to use this season and after dozens of Christmas cards I need a break. I'm also enjoying coming up with new looks using the same dies to see how much I can do with them. 


I changed my mind and replaced the button I originally used with a purple bow. Either works, but I like the softness the bow gives my card.









Materials used:
Paper
  • K&Company printed flower paper
  • Craft card-stock in deep purple, dark green, mint green and white
  • Chip-board (used under the scalloped circle to build it up)

Equipment used
Machine and Dies
  • Sizzix Big Shot
  • Sizzix "Flower, Build a Lilac" die
  • Sizzix "Branch with Leaves" die
  • Spellbinders Nestabilities dies "Lacey Circles" and "Large Circles"
Measurement for lattice was made using Martha Stewart Scoring Board Envelope Maker

Coloration
  • Rubber Stampede Ink for the flowers in blue, pink and purple
  • Leaves are edged with Rubber Stampede Ink in Dark green and colored in Tim Holtz Distress Ink "Peeled Paint"

Dry Embossing
  • Cricut Cuttlebug "Polka Dot Page" embossing folder

Embellishments and Special Effects
  • Offray craft ribbon medium purple
  • Glossy Accents to edge flower petals
  • Fabric Art Crystal Ultra Fine Glitter for lattice and flower petal edges
  • One large and one small button fitted together and tied with a string of burlap
  • Flat backed pearls were used for the center of flowers

No comments:

Post a Comment