Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Flower and Vine Scrapbook Layout

Hello everyone! Time goes by too fast! This is a picture of my daughter from 17 years ago in her little pink, green and white, flower dress. I grew up with only brothers and I was the oldest so spent a lot of my young life caring for boys. When I had my daughter I was so excited. She is absolutely precious as she is my only girl and also my youngest.

It was time to get her photo out of the old wooden frame that housed it and do something new. I did not use the original photo, but scanned it and printed a copy on matte white card-stock. I considered using a baby theme and baby colors, but who wants to do normal things? Not me. So not only did I use grown up floral papers, I threw some black in there too to make the colors pop.




 I used a Martha Stewart corner and border punch set and a Fiskars border punch to do the edges. Then did a lot of layering of different papers for interest.

Layers
  • Base - heavy white card-stock (edged with Tim Holtz Distress Ink "Victorian Velvet"
  • First Layer - lightweight cream card-stock
  • Second Layer - lightweight black card-stock
  • Third Layer - lightweight white card-stock (edged with Tim Holtz Distress Ink Peeled Paint"
  • Forth/Top Layer - K&Company floral card-stock
  • The photo is matted with black card-stock and floral print paper to make it stand out


Embellishment

Scrap pieces of the cream colored paper were used to form the two vases in the lower corner and the leaves coming out of the smaller vase. 

To make the twists I wrapped strips of floral paper around a pencil.  

Once the vases and flowers were finished I embellished the vases with pink ribbon and flat-backed light green gems.



The butterfly in the top corner was cut from the K&Company floral paper 

Strips of cream card-stock and pink from the backside of the double-sided floral paper were used to make an inner border.

Sizzix dies "Build a Lilac" and "Branch with Leaves" were used to form the vines of leaves and flowers. Each flower has a flat back pearl as it's center and was colored with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in "Victorian Velvet". The leaves were colored with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in "Peeled Paint".


Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment