Friday, January 30, 2015

Handmade Valentine's Day Card with a Modified Border Punched Edge

TGIF craft lovers!
I'm sharing a card with a modified border punched edge. I decided to bring attention to this simple modification because it opens up new possibilities that I didn't even realize I had until I needed to change the size of my card border. As I sit here studying the rest of my border punches, I see that I can cut them to not only make them my own, but to make new things. The modification description can be found further down in this post.
To make this card I used two border punches, one embossing folder and some ready-made Valentines Day themed embellishments. Oh, and I can't forget to mention those cute little foam flower stickers made to decorate flip flops, but found their way to my house during a clearance sale one day. 

To make this card...

NOTE: After cutting all of your cardstock pieces and BEFORE adhering the pieces together remember to border punch your edges and add your ribbon.

Special NOTE: I modified one of the border punched pieces, details below.
Paper Measurements
5" x 7" White base card
5" x 7" Pink plaid mat
5" x 8" White cardstock mat
5" x 6" Pink with white polka-dot cardstock mat
5" x 4" White cardstock mat

Border Punch - the modification
5" x 8" White cardstock mat - Use the Martha Stewart Crafts Around The Page Double Arches Large Punch. After punching the top and bottom of the cardstock, cut the two outer rows of arches off, leaving only one row of arches remaining. 
Cut where you see the red lines
5" x 6" Pink with white polka-dot cardstock mat - Use the Ek Success Pointed Flower Border punch on the top and bottom and then attach your ribbon.

To complete your card
Place a doily heart on the back of your foam glitter heart and a couple of flat backed adhesive pearls on the top and bottom and your finished!

 Supplies List
Happy crafting and thanks for stopping by!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment