Friday, January 23, 2015

Handmade Valentine's Day Card: Brown and Blue Masculine Old-West Valentine

Hello crafty friends!
Today I'm sharing a card that fulfills one of the challenges over at Sketches4All. I decided to try making a masculine Valentine's Day card with a bit of an old-west feel. The challenge is to use blue and brown and incorporate at least one heart. If you would like to take part in it you can find it here...
Fia's January Color Combo

The paper
The light brown and deep brown paper I used for the base of my card as well as the corners is from Core'dinations "Chocolate Lovers" paper pack. The striped paper I used is from the DCWV "The Basics Stack". There are a lot of cute papers in this 6"x 6" tablet.
The sentiment was a breeze to put together.
I just colored a pre-made white paper doily with Rubber Stampede blue ink and cut out a sentiment from the DCWV "The Basics Stack" and adhered it to the heart.
I used the same blue ink to edge my striped paper on all sides.

To dress up the corners of my card 
I used Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Vintage Photo to color white cardstock and then used the Spellbinders Moroccan Accents cutting die to make four corner designs.

I decided to use ink instead of just the light brown paper I was already using because I wanted the designs to have a leather look which unfortunately doesn't show well in the photos, but looks great in person.

I then adhered each one to deep brown cardstock and cut them out using decorative edged craft scissors. 
I hope you will join us over at S4All for the challenge.

Have a wonderful day :)

Supplies List
Happy crafting and thanks for stopping by!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment