Friday, January 2, 2015

Scrapbook Layout: New Year's Goals

Happy New Year everyone!
We have our January DT Challenge posted at Sketches4All and would love you to join us. For the challenge I decided to make a layout that would represent what is going on in my life right now and my thoughts for the new year.

I've had some health problems that are still being worked out which is why I haven't posted since right before Christmas. Although on a good note I was released from the hospital so I could be with my family for the holidays. My recent experiences are the basis for my focus on health. I've already made major changes in my lifestyle so my goals-list is centered around being as strong as I can and to keep pushing forward while enveloped in the love and support of my family. 

All the paper I used for my layout is from the Colorbok Rosewood 12"x12" tablet. I think this paper is so pretty and it was very inexpensive at Walmart.
The health challenge I'm encountering right now has to do with my heart so of course I had to make a pretty heart. 

The first paper of the Colorbok Rosewood tablet is pre-made letters and numbers which were perfect to use for my layout.

To make the word "health" pop as well as the numbers for my square 2015 sign...
1) I was careful to cut out letters/numbers that would be a different color from the letter(s) next to it
2) I adhered each letter to a reddish strip of paper. 

3) I drew sewing stitch marks on the edges with my Sakura White Gel Pen that I excitedly received for Christmas.
4) To decorate the edges of my word I used my Martha Stewart Blooming Vines border punch to make a couple of leafy sections that I adhered to the back of my strip.

I made the clock using the Sizzix Alterations Weathered Clock die, Colorbok chip board and deep green textured paper from DCWV Neutrals Cardstock Stack. 

Note: The easiest way to add the green layer to your chipboard is to glue or tape the chipboard and paper together before running it through your die cutting machine. 

The little plastic flowers are Jolee's Boutique Bling Stickers. 

The awesome black words are epoxy stickers from Heidi Swapp.

Happy crafting and thanks for stopping by!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment