Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Handmade Valentine's Day Card: Love in Blue and Green

Happy Hump Day friends!

For the remainder of the month I've challenged myself to do as many of the January challenges over at Sketches4All as possible. Inspiration, motivation and direction are wonderful to have and that's exactly what S4All challenges provide. This specific card was made for 
Stacy's - Something New or Blue, Card Challenge.


I always like to try and make my own embellishments, but these little cream colored paper roses and green translucent ribbon flowers were just too cute to pass up. 

My card is made up of a 6"x6" base-card with a heart that extends above the top by approximately 1 and 1/4 ".


To make the heart 
I do not have any measurements for this heart because I used a paper heart doily to cut around leaving a margin to make the larger heart. Then I used an extra doily to cut the middle out and use as a template for my smallest sentiment heart. 
  • I layered polka-dotted paper and white cardstock that I cut into heart shapes using decorative edge craft scissors. 
  • Between those two hearts I placed a paper heart doily.
  • I wanted the inner heart to show up so I inked the edge of it with VersaMagic Chalk Ink in Sea Breeze. 
  • I used a clear stamp and silver ink to make my sentiment. 
  • For the blue decorative edge at the top of my card I used a waste piece from the die-cuts I made for the bottom of my card.
The patterned papers all came from DCWVs "The Basics Stack". I cut them with Spellbinders Card Creator "A2 Bracket Borders One" and then layered them. I used white lace to cover and finish off the upper exposed edge of the paper and I think the lace adds a nice touch.
Supply List
Happy crafting and thanks for stopping by!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment