Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Autumn Leaf Greeting Card

Happy Autumn everyone!
The air is getting cooler, the leaves are changing and I can't wait to get out and take some photographs of the spectacular color and views we get here in Pennsylvania. Today I decided to use a monochromatic color scheme for an Autumn themed card. I don't have any Fall themed paper or embellishments so it came down to using color and texture to give my card the right feel. The type of card I made is similar to a Criss-Cross Card, but does not have the continuation of the front angles which actually make the criss-cross.
 
Outer Card: Pocket
 I cut a piece of 12"x12" craft cardstock in half

Score the paper at the 3" mark and the 9" mark

 Fold the 3" flaps forward

 Fold the top inside corner of both flaps to meet and line up with the side of the card, making two triangles.

Cut away each triangle at the fold mark you made

Do not push anything together until all tape is in place.
To form your pocket - Run tape along the bottom edge of each flap. Tape a small strip of paper (same color is best, but not necessary) behind the flaps to hold them together. Sorry I forgot to take a picture of this and had to improvise with an existing photo.

You now have your pocket to decorate with patterned paper and embellishments. Below is a photo taken before I pressed the last flap down on the strip of taped paper connected to the other flap.

Cut the base of your card for your pocket just a little smaller than the 6"x6" pocket. Adjustments are easily made. Then mat and embellish. I used the Spellbinders Shapeabilites "3 Fancy Tags" die (S4-235) to make the little decorations that come over the top. The card is backed with paper from the DCWV Burlap Paper Stack
 
For the last steps I added twine as a handle to pull the card from the pocket and then I covered the back of the card with deep brown cardstock.
 
I used the Rubber Stampede Winter Woods (A2430F) stamp for the trees and an ek border punch to edge the top f the medium brown mat.
 
Then place you card in the pocket
 
I used the the Tim Hotz Alterations "Tattered Leaves" die (556927) for all my leaves and colored them with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Vintage Photo and Olive, and Rubber Stampede ink in Orange and Yellow. The bow is made from some scrap material I had and I added a small orange button to the center.
 
  Happy Crafting!
 post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment