Sunday, September 14, 2014

Flowers For My Mom Greeting Card

Hello everyone!
It's been a little while since I've been able to post on here. Life is looking up and I'll have an update to that part of it in a couple of weeks. Thank you for the kind words that continue to come in, it really has helped me stay strong.

Today I decided to make a greeting card. Sometimes I like to use people for inspiration and this time I reflected on my mother who passed away 5 years ago tomorrow. Her favorite color was green, she had a colorful personality and had told me how much she liked all the flowers that line the highways in Virginia. I made the card simple because in daily life everything can be so hectic, but when you lose someone you love, everything that was hectic goes away and you simply just miss them.
 
 
 
I used Core'dinations celery green cardstock for the base of the card and flower stems and matted the front with Core'dinations white textured cardstock. 
 
 
The flowers are also made from the same white cardstock of which I used a Tim Holtz Alterations die called Mini Paper Rosettes to cut them out. I colored the paper with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in the color Tumbled Glass and Rubber Stampede ink in Fuschia. 
 
 
The banner was made from left over white cardstock and edged with the inks mentioned above. The sentiment is a rub-on transfer.
 
 
Supplies ListCore'dinations Cardstock
  • Textured white 
  • Smooth light green
Tim Holtz Alterations Die - Mini Paper Rosettes
Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Tumbled Glass 
Rubber Stampede ink - Fuschia
Plaid Mod Podge Rub-on Transfers 

Happy Crafting!
 
 post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment