Monday, May 26, 2014

Greeting Card - Butterfly Kisses

Hello everyone! 

We're having beautiful weather here in Pennsylvania for Memorial Day today. Nice of the sun to come out so I could take some photographs. :)

I'm still in the midst of a craft room makeover, but I had to fit a little crafting in since I'm really missing it. I'm finding some great little items to use in crafts as I open boxes I had stuck in a corner months ago. Many of the things I've found have inspired me to get back to doing some mixed media canvas collages, layouts, and altered items that I also miss doing. For today though, with my room still in disarray, I decided to do a simple card with my border punches.

I've never done a card before with just black and white. I always had to stick a little color in somewhere, but this time I decided to stop, and strangely I struggled with that a little. I used white card stock to punch the borders out and then placed them on a black card stock mat. I then attached the mat to a white base-card and used a border punch on the back page to give it some interest on the inside.
 
I used a butterfly stamp that I only applied ink to once for the darkest butterfly and then kept stamping to create ghost images so the sentiment would show up. One of these days I'm going to have to get all my stamps and ink out and start designing my own craft paper.


Materials:

  1. Rangwer Archival Ink in black
  2. Premium Cardstock by Core'dinations (Great white and Black Cat)
  3. Martha Stewart Crafts Punch Around the Page - Double Arches
  4. Martha Stewart Crafts Punch Around the Page - Blooming Vines
  5. Sizzix Stamp and Die Cut - 657773
  6. Fiskars Border Punch - Double Bubble
  7. Spellbinders Nestabilites Eleven -S4-246
  8. Fiskars Clear Stamps - Butterfly Magic
  9. Ek Success Border Paper Punch - Pointed Flower


Happy Crafting!

Copyright © 2014 Angela Conklin - Heartedly Handcrafted
All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment