Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Mother's Day Card - Flowers for My Mom

Good day everyone!

Today I'm sharing a Mother's Day card I was inspired to make after seeing all the pretty spring flowers blooming outside. I chose the sentiment while remembering my mother and the good times we had. She would have loved this card.

I decided to keep a white background so the colors would pop.

For the background I used Core'dinations Premium Cardstock in white. The base layer was done by using a die cut flower as a mask to stamp around. This gave me the shape of petals between the blended colors. I used Rubber Stamped Acid Free Dye Based ink in yellow, light orange and bright pink. I made sure to overlap each ink application with a makeup sponge so the colors would blend. The next layer is the first mat and was white cardstock again.To make the sentiment I used a Spellbinder's Shapeabilities - Fancy Tags die. The die was not large enough for my sentiment so I decided to combine two by overlapping them and then placed my sentiment over them.

Then for the embossed background I used a third layer of white cardstock of which I embossed with the Darice - Flower Power Embossing Folder and edged in orange ink.  

Behind the flowers I used three pieces of quilling strips. They're handy for more than just quilling :) I used a Tim Holtz Alterations - Tattered Flower Garden die to make the flowers. I blended the yellow, orange, and bright pink ink on each flower layer making sure to do each layer a bit different so it would show up on the one behind it. Then I went around the edges of every petal with ink to define them.

Note: Don't miss the chance to use that scrap paper. I usually use a piece of white cardstock behind the paper I'm putting ink on. In this case I used it to protect my desk surface as I placed ink on my flowers. In the end it turned out to be the perfect background for my sentiment.


 
Materials


Happy Crafting!
Copyright © 2014 Angela Conklin - Heartedly Handcrafted
All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment