Monday, June 9, 2014

Flower and Pearl Tag Journal

I'm getting back to finishing my craft room makeover today, but before I do I want to reshare my Tag Journal that I made. I call it a Tag Journal because the pages are filled with decorative tags that I can pull out and write something on the back of. I had made this in December of last year and only had a couple of not-so-good photos of the outside, so I'm sharing it again with some updated photos.
My journal is for keeping a record of the happy little moments I have throughout the year. I really don't have time for a diary, nor do I print very many photos to make a scrapbook, so this seemed the best solution. I decorated my journal with vinyl wall-border, cream colored cardstock, pearls, and handmade lace, ribbon and paper flowers. I also decided to add a couple of hat pins I made from beads that go beautifully with the colors of my journal.
For the title I decided to go with the word tender because the moments I write down are the ones that touch my heart in some way.   

 
The fun thing about my journal is that I do not make all the tags ahead of time, but instead leave open places on each page and add tags when I feel like making them. This way as I learn new things, acquire new die shapes and make new embellishments, my tags will reflect that and I always have a little project to do if I run out of ideas for the moment. Below are some of the tags I already wrote on and how they look when they're placed inside.
 I also made a box to hold my journal so it doesn't get dusty and dirty. I made it out of chipboard and larger than the journal so it doesn't crush the flowers and as I add tags there is room for the journal to expand. I sat it upright so you can see the details of the top. I covered the top and sides with a transparency so that it can be easily wiped off and the decorative scrapbook paper is protected underneath. The box is embellished with a handmade paper rose and some lace.

 Happy Crafting!
  post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment