Thursday, June 5, 2014

Metal-look Paper and Ink Pendant with Silver Charm

 For those of you who have commented and had questions on my old blog and Facebook. This is for you.

Update: How I made my Pendants

  1. I used a scalloped oval die to cut the shape into white Core'dinations Cardstock. Then I glued approximately four of the die-cut shapes together to make the pendant sturdy. I added small holes in the top
  2. To color my pendants I used Tim Holtz Adirondack ink in Butterscotch, Stream and Wild Plum by just letting small droplets of ink drip from the bottle and run over the paper pendant.
  3. I added Tim Holtz Adirondack Mixative in Silver and in Gold to the pendant in the same way I added the colored ink. It didn't turn out well and I had so much ink on my pendants, the color was turning muddy and they were taking too long to dry. I'm impatient so I pulled out the heat gun, during which I discovered the mixatives do not like heat and they began to bubble and boil. After the mixatives did their little dance, they dried solid and textured.
  4. Intrigued, I added more ink and mixatives as I used my heat gun. The ink didn't smell very good being heated, but layer after layer I watched the little dance of silver and gold and the colored ink being moved around and trapped. The bubbling, boiling and the last little whips of trying to escape the heat is what gave my pendants the depth they have. I thought the result was fabulous.
  5. Then I sealed the back and sides.
      
Original Post: December 22, 2013
I had a crafting accident last night and it was wonderful. Here's a peak at a few pendants that are almost finished.

I love happy accidents! 






Copyright © 2014 Angela Conklin - Heartedly Handcrafted
All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment