Saturday, January 16, 2016

A Quick Way to Give Your Canned or Jarred Salsa a Fresh Taste and Appearance

I'm a papercrafter, DIYer and this is a blog for those things, but a woman has gotta eat too. Yesterday, as I worked on this year's plan for crafting and blogging I decided to throw together a snack, but I didn't want to take a lot of time making salsa with all fresh ingredients and wait for the flavors to meld together and I'm not really a fan of salsa from a jar. 

So I did what my son, The Salsa King (long story), does when we don't have enough fresh ingredients to make salsa from scratch. I grabbed a couple of cans of Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies from the cabinet and just added some fresh ingredients such as a medium sized onion, a large tomato and an avocado. I also added a little powdered garlic and a tiny bit of Creole, but what you add is up to you and what your family likes. 

That's it! Voila! 

Delicious salsa that has a fresh taste for snacking or to serve with food that only takes a few minutes to make. 





A definite bonus to making salsa using canned diced tomatoes with green chilies is how inexpensive it is, but if you prefer pre-made salsa by the jar, yet want to give it some pizzazz for company, just add some fresh ingredients to that too. Jarred and canned salsas have a lot of salt so another benefit of adding fresh veggies is toning that salt flavor down and then you may choose not to add anymore seasoning at all. Enjoy!




Check out the tabs at the top of my blog for more projects and ideas and thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment