Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Handmade Gift Tag: Sunset Silhouette

Hello crafty friends!
I'm back with a gift tag I designed with Spellbinders Die D-lites. I used the die-cuts in silhouette and I was completely amazed once I placed them on my colorful background. My tag glowed! I was inspired when doing a Google search on sunsets and came across many beautiful handmade cards and tags.

I was so excited about the results, I made it a challenge over at Sketches4All

The first step I took in making my tag was to cover the tag in color. I began from the top with the blue and worked my way down. I used the same blue behind the Cattails, but first I lightly applied the yellow further toward the bottom of the card, (just in the center), and then lightly went over it with the blue. By mixing these two colors I got a bit of a green cast and glow down the center that the sun would cause on the water.
 To make the sun I used a circle and adhered it to my tag. I wasn't sure where I wanted the sun initially, which is why I didn't add it until after I colored my background. This allowed me to make it match up wherever I wanted it.

Using the Cattails die I cut out two die-cuts and then cut one of them into sections while removing the Cattail that is laying down through the other ones. To do this, just use your scissors to cut it at each point it joins another Cattail. I also tried to cut away or change certain areas so it wouldn't look like I used just one die-cut twice.  

I used the Stampabilities Rubber Stamp, Dragonfly 02 which is my favorite dragonfly stamp since it is so realistic looking.

Supplies List

Happy crafting and thanks for stopping by!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment